I take the protection and privacy of your personal data seriously, but, in plain language, I’m not interested in it, I don’t use it, and I don’t sell it or share it with anyone.
What data is being collected?
- Comments – Email addresses paired with the name you provide on comments you make. (I also use the Akismet plugin for spam control)
- Users – Email addresses + names and biographical data for the very few writers I use.. Also email addresses + names for the very occasional programming contractor who needs a login to makes changes (one so far).
Some non-identifiable data is also gathered by third parties…
- By tracking & cookies (Google Analytics) for measuring usage.
- By tracking & cookies (Amazon) for associate fees.
- For subscriptions. Only an email is required to send notifications (WP-Subscribe plugin thru Feedburner).
Who is collecting the data?
I am the “Data Controller”.
What is the legal basis for processing the data?
Will the data be shared with any third parties?
Not with my knowledge.
How will the information be used?
Only for core site management: Contributors logins and Comment Management.
How long will the data be stored for?
No longer than necessary.
What rights does the data subject have?
The usual. You can ask to see it, have it updated, deleted etc
How can the data subject raise a complaint?
Email me. alastair at mechtraveller.com