Miami Supercar Rooms is a slightly odd concept to get your head around. It’s described as an “auto art gallery and gourmet dining experience”. Essentially it’s a collection of classic, vintage, exotic, sports and custom made vehicles – on two wheels and four – in a venue that can be used for dining & events.
Due to open in February in the Wynwood Arts District of Miami, the new 13,000 square foot purpose-built venue is the brainchild of Elo (sic), the founder of the London Motor Museum.
“I am pleased to announce the official opening of the nation’s first Supercar—Culinary encounter in February,” said Elo,”This is a showcase of my life’s work, combined with the ultimate in gourmet cuisine and entertainment. South Florida has some of the most passionate auto enthusiasts and car collectors I have ever seen and we are giving them a reason to show off their possessions to the world. Our plan is to not only collaborate with the region’s automotive fan base, but to also offer an opportunity to the local culinary community to showcase their menus to our clientele in Wynwood within a unique high-octane environment.”
The collection features some extremely rare models such as the 1955 SL 300 Mercedes Gullwing; 1929 Rolls Royce Bootch; 1958 450 S Maserati vintage racing car; 1961 196 SP Ferrari vintage racing car and the 2007 Shelby Supercar Ultimate Aero TT: heralded as the fastest production car in the world. Miami Supercar Rooms also features one-of-a-kind vehicles including a 1937 derivative of the only Bugati Atlantic, known as the “Bugnaughty” built by the famed Terry Cook of Delahaye ÙSA. Among many other rare gems from the automotive world, Miami Supercar Rooms also presents a 1953 Lamborghini tractor – the only one in America and one of only three remaining in the world.
Current collection (additional vehicles to be added throughout 2016):
Auto Art Gallery collection (indoor):
- 1935 Pacific by Delahaye USA
- 1955 SL 300 Mercedes Gullwing
- 1937 Bugnaughty by Delahaye USA
- 1929 Rolls Royce Bootch
- 1958 450 S Maserati vintage racing car
- 1961 196 SP Ferrari vintage racing car
- 1955 Fratelli Ferrari motorcycle (150cc)
- 1953 Maserati Moto Café Racer motorcycle (125cc)
- 2007 Shelby Supercar Ultimate Aero TT (fastest road car in the world 2007—2010)
- 1967 Ford Mustang GT 500 Eleanor
- Original white 1988 Ferrari Testarossa (as used in Miami Vice)
- 1972 Ferrari DeTomaso Pantera GTS
- 2007 Extra Terrestrial Vehicle or “ETV” (custom built for the movie iRobot)
- Original 1981 DeLorean DMC-12
- 1931 Ford Hot Rod Sling Shot
- America’s only Lamborghini Tractor (1953)